- Are you a high school student thinking about what you want to do with your future?
- Would you like to learn about work and business?
- Would you like to hear guest speakers from local businesses?
- Are you curious about what it takes to become a doctor, entrepreneur, computer programmer or some other profession?
- Do you want to improve your interview skills in order to get a part time job?
- Would you like to shadow a person currently working in an industry that interests to you?
- Do you want an internship to gain valuable skills and add to your resume?
- Do you wish you had a mentor to answer your career-related questions?
- Would you like to visit colleges and companies to gain a greater perspective of your options?
If you are aged 14-21 years old and answered yes to any of the questions above then click the link to fill out the Pasadena Youth Works registration form.
Pasadena Youth Works is a collaboration of business, education, civic, government and non-profit leaders dedicated to assisting young people in our community with career exploration and work opportunities.
We do this by assisting with:
- Classroom speakers from the local business community discussing work experiences, job needs and employee requirements.
- Job shadow opportunities with local businesses that provide students with an understanding of the variety of the workplace, employee requirements and job duties.
- Internship opportunities with local businesses, arts organizations, non-profits and government agencies to give students first-hand experience in a real work environment.
- College visitations and in-class/in-school visits from represenatives of higher education institutions.
Students interested in any of these opportunities are encouraged to fill out the interest form.
If you are interested in interning through Ideal Youth click here: www.idealyouth.org/apply.html